Pages

body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backlinenrose2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TTT!

Haven’t done this for a few weeks but now that the house is relatively quiet during the day I can get thoughts in a somewhat order. HA, like you thought that was going to happen.



1. School has been good so far. I am dealing with new teachers that I had not been warned about! This 8th grade teacher and I will probably not make it through the year. I AM NOT the student and will NOT be treated as such. Andy had a small melt down, and for him I do mean small. She calls while I am in the shower, I get the voice mail. Oh shit, English is rough for her…I can’t understand her phone number well at all and haven’t a clue what the name is. Sounded like…ARGLUDISJFFKEL! I get another one yesterday to tell me how WELL he is doing. Ok, I like positive reinforcement but lady, please. He is growing out of a lot of his issues so just let him be, for your sake.


2. I woke up Sunday morning to three of the largest zucchini’s I have seen in awhile. With a recipe for creamy zucchini pie in the bag, on my front porch. Any guesses as to what I am to do with them? I have a few ideas but then they would be inedible.


3. I already have a counter full of tomato’s that I am (was) suppose to have made salsa out of by tonight. Not seeing that in my future today.


4. I think I am having my PMS without the cervix and uterus. Sorry guys had to throw that in there.


5. Why am I breaking out like a teenager when I am in my **cough**cough** 40’s? I didn’t have zits when I was young, why in the Hell now?


6. Like Erin said, where in the Hell is the rain? I hadn’t realized I moved to the desert! Tired of heat, humidity and watering the garden every night. Hey, maybe that is the key, quit watering the damn thing, it will quit growing…..hmmmm….may be onto something here.


7. I think I am going to eat the rest of my T-bone steak very shortly. Steak is good protein for breakfast. Well, it is in my world. Maybe a couple of eggs. Mine haven’t been recalled…I don’t think. If you don’t hear from me, we will know the truth.


8. That brings me to a controversial topic. And I hope to not piss anybody off but this is my blog and my thoughts and you have been warned. When I was a kid, damn sounding old, we played in dirt, we ATE dirt, we were not bombarded with Mom’s constantly wanting to rub us down with anti-bacterial crap. Are we still alive? Hell yes. IN MY OPINION, it is the keeping germs off of the kids that are causing them to constantly be sick if a germ gets within a foot of them. Now, I do know some kids are just born with a low immune system, I KNOW THIS and am not saying all Mom’s do this. But with school starting it is totally being shoved down our throat. All three of my kids have made it without ever being touched with the stuff. I WAS LUCKY that my kids did have GREAT immune systems and we didn’t have too many of the ear nose, and throat issues so I am blessed in that department. But when people act like I am a bad Mother because I won’t insist that he carry a bottle of that stuff in his pocket, it sends me to a dark, dark place.


9. Only three more weeks until a mini-cation. For those of you that asked, every year a bunch of us go to Brown County, Indiana for a three day weekend. It is a small town in the hills that has a bunch of little shops of handmade crap that you have to buy and then dust for the rest of your life. Lots of little restaurants to eat weird stuff in. We do a cookout at the hotel on Friday night, walk around the whole town on Saturday which includes a stop at a little winery where you can get a bottle of wine, cheese, and crackers and sit on the covered patio and just enjoy. Then we have a DD that drives us around for a couple of hours and then back to the little bar behind the hotel. There are 18 of going this year. ALWAYS a great time.


10. And that will be Gregg’s last vacation of the year!! I love him home but he gets too restless if he doesn’t have something to do which sends me crazy and it just turns into Crazy town around here.


11. Why does his company insist that they make the vacation schedule in December? Do you have any idea how hard it is to schedule 5 weeks of vacation a year in advance? There are 2 weeks we know for sure then it is a crap shoot. Do you know what you are going to want to do a year from now?


12. OK, so there ya have it sports fans! I am off to….dunno…but it will not involve any vegetables!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, share the insanity..if you dare!!!