Pages

body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backlinenrose2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ten Thought Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday, huh? I could go on for days!!! So as not to completely bore you to tears I will break it down in days.



1. Last Sunday, last day of rest in what will seem like a lifetime.


2. Monday, shopped for paint, bought 9 new lights to go in and outside the house, went to the garden store and bought a gazillion plants for porch and garden. Picture will be posted as soon as the camera recharges because I is an idjit and forgot to plug the damn thing in.


3. Tuesday, paint, paint….. oh, and I painted. I painted my living area a dark blue and tan. I had painted in here when I first moved in 6 years ago but went easy and just had it painted off white. OK, so that has been boring since day one but with all that I was going through then, it was the easiest. Now let me just tell you this……you must not be a lazy, fat and middle aged woman that just came from sitting her ass by a pool or beach for a week before you attempt dark colors. Unless you like to be able to not move. Did this for about 5 hours before I gave up and started drinking!


4. Wednesday, started painting at about 9:30 AM finished oh somewhere around 6:00 PM. Tomorrow is gonna suck. And it did!! But it is done. Well, except for some clean up and I suppose I need to put all of my stuff back but I am getting there…sometime this year.


5. Thursday, more shopping because I have 3 parties coming up and of course I am the deviled eggs queen and had request coming from all directions. And food to buy for some of said parties, one of which will be here, which added in some cleaning. So after $230 at Wally World, $100 at Marsh, $40 more in just little crap, I am home and tired. But then I remember I am to meet my friends that just got back from the Bahamas, so I go off to attempt to drown myself in the shower because I had to pass that bed that I haven’t had much time with. Those 4 hours of sitting were glorious because tomorrow, we are back at it!


6. Friday, cooking day! SIX dozen eggs were cooked, peeled, and deviled. I don’t do just plain ole deviling so there was garlic and onions to chop. Also made 3 gallons of cold slaw, 4 clam shells of sweetened strawberries for shortcake, shucked 20 ears of corn to soak and then started drinking!


7. Saturday, had my Niece’s Graduation at 11:00 AM so we are up to get purdied up and off we go to that. Luckily out of a class of 800, she was the 5th one across the stage due to her Honor things so we were actually out of there around 12:30. Then I supervised the kid on some cleaning, made Gregg do some things and I did the flowers on the porch. Have a pitch-in to be at around 5:00 PM so have to get it done fast. Hit the shower, grabbed a bunch of deviled eggs and stuff and we were gone. Then I started drinking!


8. Sunday, Race Day in Indy and I have people coming to my house which is still a mess from painting. My porch looks like Linus and all of his dirty friends have been out there. I want to start drinking! But I didn’t…yet! Ran around here like a mad woman until right at 12:00, when people start arriving. At this point, I surrendered! I have great friends that know if they say anything about dirt or dust, I will hand them the cleaning stuff and tell them to enjoy themselves so all was well. I had the laptop out so we could sort of see the race but we mostly listened to it on the radio. Outside, in the freaking hotter than Hell heat. Until I had the brain fart of hooking the laptop to the big screen TV and we sat in the air conditioning. We had hot dogs, burgers, and brats to cook but I “thought” I could hand that to Gregg but then I remembered he is really good at making burgers into hockey pucks, sooooooooo I do that cooking too! Then I started drinking! All was well and I is tired.


9. Monday, my Niece’s Grad Party. My Seester had asked me to come over early, 1:00, to help and I didn’t realize that meant slave labor in 85 degree heat with no breaks! I had made her, of course, deviled eggs and then had to doctor up some store bought tater salad and coleslaw because we were both just too out of time to do the homemade thing. I finally escaped around 5:45. I was secretly trying to get out of there before our crazy Aunt’s showed up and I DID!! My Seester called me a Bitch like it was a bad thing! Sorry, your house, you can’t leave. And she started drinking! I came home, got in my jammies and I ain’t taking these things off until about 4:00 TUESDAY!!


10. Tuesday, I couldn’t sleep for shit last night thanks to fucking hot flashes so I actually didn’t un-ass the bed until 10:30! This is about the limit of my movement today and with my fingers being swollen from using them so much last week, I think I will MAYBE take a hot shower, MAYBE put on some clean jammies, and that could be it! I have enough leftovers from three parties that I may not have to cook for this bunch until at least Friday! If I feel like it!


So there are my TEN for the day! I left a bunch of the little crap out because this was getting (got) long!!


Oh, and did I mention that school got out on Friday and it only took him until about 6:00 PM that day to say he is bored?!?!


Oh, and I messed with the old desk top and got a new router installed so I can use the laptop so when I actually GO TO YOUR PAGES, I can COMMENT!! I have been reading but unable to say much but I will be catching up with comments and stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, share the insanity..if you dare!!!