Pages

body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backlinenrose2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I know, I know! I have been a bad blogger but sometimes life happens.

Gregg was on vacation last week and I can get NOTING done when he is around all day. Plus the kid was at camp so we enjoyed some “us alone” time and that was actually very nice!!!

The drive to take him to camp just about kills me but it is worth it! It is 80 miles one way but once you get off of the Interstate and drive thru the hills of Nashville, Indiana, it is absolutely gorgeous. All of the hills and trees and animals! If I were a smart person I would have taken my camera and stopped and taken some pix but alas, we know me and we know I is not always smart!

I did have one little incident on the drive tho. Damn car swerved into the Brown County Winery!!! OMG...It just turned right in without me knowing it! And then I blacked out and SOMEHOW 4 bottles of wine ended up in my trunk!!!! How did that happen?? But I will thank the wine ghost as I got some yummy stuff! Raspberry wine on the porch on a hot August day...What a life!

As you know, we went to the fair on Friday and ate our way thru it! Picture this, two adults consuming:


4 corndogs
3 ears of corn
1 rib eye sammich
1 pineapple whip
1 elephant ear
1 apple dumpling
3 pork chops
1 banana/strawberry slushy
1 lemon shake-up
3 Pepsi’s
2 bottles of water


And we did all of that in 6 hours!! Hey, don’t judge…it only happens once a year. Ok, I lied…I am going again this Friday with the girls! Hehehe

Then on Saturday I had to go pick up the kid and I so hated that drive as we stayed out late on Friday playing with the gang. It has been a very long time since we both stayed out in public that late so the long drive the next day just about killed me. Who turned the sun up so bright??

Sunday, I became a Murderer! Yep, I killed the dust bunnies! Gregg started on Saturday while I went to Nashville and since my tired butt went to bed early Saturday I woke up Sunday in the mood to be …wait for it…domesticated! OMG!! Now that is a totally scary thing. I NEVER, I repeat, NEVER have that urge! I marinated pork chops for dinner, made cucumbers & onions, made corn casserole, cleaned the ENTIRE kitchen and both bathrooms, did laundry, made 5 pounds of salsa, and even did the dishes as I went along and after dinner! Gregg was sure someone had taken over my body. He kept asking where the real Karen was and who was I!!! I likes to keep him on his toes like that!

This week has been a busy one with doctor appts. Monday we saw the Psychologist, and Tuesday the Psychiatrist. They are both in the same office but the damn insurance won’t pay for two visits in one day. Then we went to Shoe Carnival and for the first time EVER in my life I paid $50.00 for a pair of shoes for the kid!! OMG!! But I will say he had $20 coming from his allowance and he gave it too me to help pay for his shoes so it wasn’t all that bad! Yesterday after his appt. we went to Wally World and got a bunch of clothes for him. I did one thing good in raising my kids in the fact that they do migrate towards the clearance racks as they have learned they can get more there! I am pretty open to letting them have “special” things for the start of school but he is turning into a wise young man!

Today is more chores today as in I have to clean my carpets and stuff since my “darling” dog decided to have diarrhea last night. ALL OVER THE HOUSE! Nothing like waking up scratching your eyes and your ass and walking out to the living room and attempting to dodge land mines EVERY WHERE!! And all before coffee! Argggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Tomorrow is my follow-up appt. for my arm. He thinks he may put me in therapy! When we were there last week he said that and of course Gregg popped up with “I don’t think you are the right kind of doctor to send her to the right kind of therapy that she needs” Smartass!

Friday I is off to eat more fair food…oh God help me! Saturday is the Annual Cook-out at the VFW and Sunday I will be on the couch or in rehab. Yet to be determined. If you don’t hear from me, please come visit me and I will share my meds with you!

Ok, now that you are fully and knowledgely (is that even a word?) bored will leave you a giggle:

Since it is Back to School Time, this fits:

TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America.

MARIA: Here it is.

TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America?

CLASS: Maria.

____________________________________



TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?

JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.

__________________________________________



TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'

GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'

TEACHER: No, that's wrong

GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

(I love this kid)

____________________________________________



TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?

DONALD: H I J K L M N O.

TEACHER: What are you talking about?

DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.

__________________________________



TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.

WINNIE: Me!

__________________________________________



TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?

GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

_______________________________________



TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ' I. '

MILLIE: I is...

TEACHER: No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'

MILLIE: All right... 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'


________________________________



TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's
cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his
father didn't punish him?

LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.

______________________________________



TEACHER: Now, Simon, tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?

SIMON: No, sir, I don't have to. My mom is a good cook.

______________________________



TEACHER: Clyde, your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as
your brother's. Did you copy his?

CLYDE: No, sir. It's the same dog.

___________________________________



TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when
people are no longer interested?

HAROLD: A teacher

__________________________________

PASS IT AROUND AND MAKE SOMEONE LAUGH!

LAUGHTER IS THE SOUL'S MEDICINE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, share the insanity..if you dare!!!