Pages

body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backlinenrose2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, Again!

Hey, guess what? It’s Monday! Sorry to have to tell you!



Well, my weekend ended up not being a vegetable but still calm, relaxing and nothing too exciting. Friday I was all set to just read and be NOBODY! I was totally seeing me in PJ’s all weekend. Oh hush, I can if I want to!


As I was fixing dinner Friday night, Connie called and asked if we were going to the Atlanta Earth Festival on Saturday! Uh Oh! Karen had a brain fart again. I have been going to this thing for well over 20 years and I had forgotten. Ok, yes, I still want to go. This festival, which is in Atlanta, Indiana not Georgia (people ask me that every time) and it is a big garage sale, arts & crafts, food vendors, junk sale type of thing. It takes over the entire town which is a population of around 500 if you count the sheep and cows! And I do mean it is the ENTIRE town. Normally you can walk from one end to the other in less than half an hour!


She picks me up around 8:30 in the morning and off we go. This place is in the area where I lived for over 16 years and I have her sneak in the back door of the town to avoid traffic. Yes, it is the only time of the year that they have a traffic jam. One of my bestest friends still live there and she is one of the first people I see. With life, this is about the only time I ever see her. Anywho, we walked around for a few hours, bought some stuff that will require dusting at some point in the future, looked at stuff we thought we would go back and get when we were leaving so we didn’t have to carry it, and was trying to decide what to eat first. Think fair food but cheaper and better. And then we went to the beer tent. Yep, they have one little bar in this town that seats 8 people and a small room with a pool table. They set up a tent outside and you can get a break form the sun (which we had none that day) and sit and rest your tired feet. We were good girls and had 2 beers and then back to the shopping. Well, it was around 2 pm by then and decided we needed to head home. And do you know that these two ditzy-ass broads forgot to get anything to eat. And I live for food like that. Doh!


We were supposed to go to a bonfire birthday thing Saturday night but it was cancelled because we had storms moving in. Yah, I don’t have to be nobody. We did end up meeting up with 4 of our friends and went out for a couple of hours. Home by 10 pm. I think I am getting old, dammit!


And I was forced to watch that PATHETIC Kentucky game. Marty, I wouldn’t tell anyone that you are from there any more. People may never stop laughing!


Sunday was a PJ day all the way. I am a weird female in that I LOVE to watch football on Sunday. And NASCAR. Hey, no judging. I am from Indiana after all! Worked on making some BBQ ribs and fresh corn on the cob and vegetated.


And the tension in this house can get rough on Sundays. Gregg is a Bears fan and I of course am a Colts fan. Thank God we weren’t together when the Colts beat their ass in the Super Bowl! I already get to taunt him about it but it would have been worse then.


Then the REAL football came on! I do love my Colts! And always have. No bandwagon fan here. I actually used to work at The Hoosier/RCA for the first 8 years they were here, in the suites, getting the rich bastards drunk and them giving me money. There ya are, judging again!


That, my friends, was a good game. I have never been a Warner fan I did so love watching his pathetic playing. Yes, I do yell at the TV just like the men. And have scratched my balls while doing so. And I burp out loud if I happen to be drinking a beer. Judge away, I am used to it!


So, the weekend did turn out quiet, restful and relaxing!


Monday morning, the freaking jack hammer and backhoe are back. But the guy and the kid are gone so...heehee, life is good.


Hope you all have as great week. Not much this week except I have to start going to therapy this week. No, you silly’s, arm therapy as it is not healing the way he or I want. He wants to try this first before does any shots (WTF!!!!) or worse, more surgery! Therapy, here I come. Hope I get a young, hot, and studly therapist. My luck, I am gonna get Helga!


Hugs & Kizzes


Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, share the insanity..if you dare!!!