Pages

body {background-image: url("http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/thebackgroundfairy/backlinenrose2.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Ten and Then Some!

Yep Tuesday! THANK YOU JEBUS!!! Gregg is back to work and I am in peace. I love it when he is off but then it gets to the point of GO AWAY!! Jimmy was supposed to take him fishing one day but I wore them out doing the floor. Let’s see if I can remember my last week?!?!?



Monday – Ripped out all of the old carpet and padding. Was anxious to start but my friend John that does it for a living needed his tools that day so we had to wait until Tuesday. Messed around getting a gazillion and ten staples out of the floor. Not Fun!


Tuesday – Got a late start but started. Jimmy and I couldn’t get the stuff to snap together like it was suppose to and we had about 7 rows done and decided to take it up and try again. Ok, round two, we were getting the ends to snap but not the sides. At this point we are about 5 hours in to messing with this. I am hot, tired and just downright frustrated. We quit and I figure I will be seeing John in a couple of hours and ask him what the Hell we are doing wrong. I will not embarrass myself with the laughter I heard from two people that do this stuff every day. Thank God I was drinking! Hey, it was Gregg’s B-Day, I HAD to!!


Wednesday – We try, and try, and even had another friend come over to help. One of my other friends, Mark, told me if I needed help to call him and he would come by and help. HELLO, HELP! He walked in and in all of maybe a minute had us going. Well, when I say “us” it is relative. I got to watch as three testosterone fueled males took it over. I got to lay boards out for them and go get them lunch at three different place but WTH, I am getting floor! They work until about 6 that night.


Thursday – They are back at it at 9:30 – 10:00. They work until about 7:30 that night but it is done. And I totally love it. Well, all except the part of having 8 little paws with nails tromping across it. They can’t hurt it but the racket, OMFG!!! Then I went drinking! It was one of the guys B-Day so it was only fair that I took him for a few drinks for all of his work.


Friday – The part I left out of the above is that when John came over on Wednesday to haul away the old stuff he informed us that on Thursday he was having his Prostate removed!!!! WTF???? He had Prostate Cancer!!! I knew from Jan that he had been having a bunch of test but they kept it real quiet! Bastards! The surgery went well but then that night his temp went up and his stomach was filling with fluid. They had to back in and find out why. Well, he had a hole in his colon. One that wasn’t there when he had the first surgery!! Got that fixed but then his heartbeat was too high. And they couldn’t get his oxygen up to the right level. He was fighting the breathing mask so they had to sedate him and put him on a ventilator!!


Sunday and yesterday they were able to get him to breathe on his own and took it off on Monday. He is now expected to make a full recovery from surgery. They are 99% sure they got all of the cancer too!!


Saturday – This day was all about putting all of my crap back. I can say for once in a long while that EVERYTHING is dusted, windexed and clean. If you want to see it, you better hurry because it won’t last and Lord knows when it will look like this again!


Sunday - More cleaning and cooking and then we blew the street up and watched fireworks. I cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, baked beans, mac & cheese, tater salad, corn on the cob, cantaloupe, and strawberries with angel food cake! Oh, and I had a few cocktails while watching. Okay, maybe more than a few! Long week people and it was the country’s B-day!!


Monday – Didn’t do a damn thing!


I tried last week to find a battery for my camera and couldn’t but didn’t have time to run everywhere. Will do it this week and give you before and after shots soon.


Today – All the shit I couldn’t do with a house full of men and one very needy one that is safely at work!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on in, share the insanity..if you dare!!!